Monday, June 06, 2005

Here Are Some Thoughts Kicking Around My Head

First of all, find a World War II veteran and thank him or her for your freedom. Today is the 61st anniversary of D-Day and the Allied push towards the liberation of Europe and the end of the war. I have no words that can properly convey the huge debt that we owe "The Greatest Generation". On a personal note, I want to wish my brother in the 101st Airborne a most happy birthday.

I was watching a show about the greatest American last night on the Discovery Channel and while I agreed with most of the people voted to the top 100, there were far too many entertainers in my humble opinion. That being said the most annoying part of the show was the commentary from various people about how worthy the particular person was to have made the list. They had the usual suspects including historians, news personalities, actors, and musicians. I am a great supporter of free speech as evidenced by this blog and the others ones I also write for but I have some advice for a few actors and musicians. If someone asks your opinion about something you know nothing about then politely pass and beg ignorant. In other words if you don't know shit about shit then shut the hell up. Couple of examples that pissed me off, Moby talking about the worthiness of George W. Bush making the list or talking about how Hillary "The Anti-Christ" Clinton is his perfect women. The worst was b-list actors trying to wax poetic on the virtues of Thomas Edison or the social contributions of Cesar Chavez. Other then the commentary I thought the show was well done and Matt Lauer did a very good job to remain neutral politically.

I find it very funny that the ACLU is shredding documents while speaking about the evils of the practice. I would guess that they are another group that does not practice what they preach. While on the topic of groups that say one thing and do another, I would be remiss to not mention Amnesty International and their latest gaffe. While they criticize the Bush Administration for the supposed mistreatment of terrorists at the Gitmo prison, it was reveled today that no one from AI has actually been to Cuba. They are basing their statements strictly on the testimony of prisoners that have already been released. Maybe they should actually send someone down to Cuba and then make a statement about conditions there. I have a better suggestion then them wasting their time in traveling down to Gitmo, shut the hell up unless you know what you’re talking about. It's a good practice to live by and in fact most blogger follow this simple rule and occasionally some of the MSM. Have a great day; I may be back with later.

No comments: