Sunday, January 02, 2005

Lemony Snicket And My Kids

Sorry for the late posting, I was watching football this morning and took the Mrs. and kids to see Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events in the afternoon.

It case anyone cares, I was in the championship game in all three of my leagues and at this moment appear to have won 2 out of the 3. Not to shabby if you ask me, but you didn’t. I was concerned that my soon be 4 year old son would not sit through the movie but he followed along nicely and only got "freaked out" at one point when a very large snake made its appearance. My 4 month old daughter slept through most of the movie and when awake was not quite sure what to make of the big screen with the pretty colors and lights.

The Mrs. and I agreed that it was a very good movie and had just enough adult themes to entertain the 15 years and older crowd. I must confess, I had never heard of the Lemony Snicket books until just prior to the movie's release. Jim Carrey was fantastic as the many faces of Count Olaf.

But the best part of the adventure out from the Mad Tech compound was a phone call from my Mother just as the movie ended. It turns out that one of my younger brothers, a firefighter/EMT, finally gave in to the wily charm of his long time girlfriend and asked her to marry him. Fantastic news, albeit not surprising, the impeding nuptials had been long rumored in the family. Congratulation little brother, R is a great woman and you’re very lucky. Never mind the fact that she and you are Godparents to the little penguino. Overall a good day for our family, now on to the dreaded first Monday of the New Year. Later..............

No comments: