The Democrats tell us that they are the true moral compress of this nation. They cry about the injustices that the American people are subjected to on a daily basis by the Republican Party and its evil leader, President George W. Bush, but offer no ideas or vision only constant complaining and petty bitching. Well, I am going to lay out the case for why the Democrats have forgotten their roots and serve no one but themselves and as a result of selfish path they walk, they are actively working to destroy this country for all.
The Democrats were handed a golden opportunity last Friday by a Republican led House of Representatives that honestly was out to embarrass them. But as they have done time and time again they showed exactly how weak they are, how without any core values they are, and how desperate they are to stay elected, they simply took the bait like a good rat and died the proverbial quick death. I will explain this opinion in depth shortly but let’s detail the overwhelming position of Democrats on the war in
The Democrats “believe” the following when discussing
1) We should never have gone to
2) The Iraqi WMD program was shut down through sanctions and did not exist at time prior to the war.
3) The President lied and manipulated pre-war intelligence to make the case for the war stronger.
4) No terrorist ties existed between
5) With our presence in
6) The war in
If I am leaving out any leftist talking points I am sure that I will be corrected in short order by those that practice drive-by commenting. Let me take these talking points one by one and show how the Democrats never mean what they say and most certainly do not believe anything they tell us.
I am going to address points one and two together, no threat from
September 25, 1997
· UNSCOM inspects an Iraqi "food laboratory". One of the inspectors, Dr. Diane Seaman, enters the building through the back door and catches several men running out with suitcases. The suitcases contained log books for the creation of illegal bacteria and chemicals. The letterhead comes from the president's office and from the Special Security Office (SSO).
- UNSCOM attempts to inspect the SSO headquarters but is blocked.
· US President Bill Clinton remarks "(Hussein's) regime threatens the safety of his people, the stability of his region, and the security of all the rest of us. Some day, some way, I guarantee you, he'll use the arsenal. Let there be no doubt, we are prepared to act." Senate Democrats also passed Resolution 71, which urged President Clinton to "take all necessary and appropriate actions to respond to the threat posed by
- An UNSCOM inspection team discovers a dump full of destroyed Iraqi missiles. Analysis of the missile parts proves that
had made a weapon containing VX. Iraq
· UNSCOM discovers documents, at Iraqi Air Force headquarters, showing that
August 26th, 1998
· Scott Ritter resigns from UNSCOM, sharply criticized the
September 28th, 1998
· The United States Congress passes the "Iraq Liberation Act", which states that the
November 30th, 1998
December 13th, 1998
December 16th-19th, 1998
- UNSCOM withdraws all weapons inspectors from
- Saddam Hussein's failure to provide unfettered access to UN arms inspectors led
Washingtonand to hit 100 Iraqi targets in four days of bombing as part of Operation Desert Fox. The US government urged UNSCOM executive chairman Richard Butler to withdraw, and "[a] few hours before the attack began, 125 UN personnel were hurriedly evacuated from Baghdad to Bahrain, including inspectors from the UN Special Commission on Iraq and the International Atomic Energy Agency." London
Ok, I know that it’s a little bit of over kill but I wanted to show how the Democrats in most cases during the Clinton Administration and the run up to the current war in
Point three, the President lied about the pre-war intelligence and overstated the threat so as to “trick” the American people, Congress, and our allies into going to war when no valid reason existed. I have to say that this Democrat “talking point” is my favorite, not because it is the most repeated and some leftist have practically tattooed it to their foreheads but because it is the most obvious, outright, and complete falsehood in the entire Democrat arsenal of revising history. The same intelligence data that they claim the President lied about is the same intelligence data that Democrat after Democrat used to justify their votes to give the President the ability to wage the war. The constant revising of history to suit their needs is nothing more than a symptom of their collective inability to stick to a belief or an ideal. This behavior is simply the high of hypocrisy and should not be tolerated by the American people regardless of the politician’s political affiliation.
The fourth talking point by most Democrats is that no terrorist ties existed between
It just occurred to me that as I address these leftist “talking points”, they mostly likely are culling more from the wonderful people over at Democratic Underground. The work of the righteous is never done, on to point five. Our presence in
Of the world’s current armed conflicts, over 80% of them involve radical Islam. Why is it that we must bend to the deranged view of these radicals when clearly they cannot even live in the same country as others of a different faith? Furthermore, why is it the platform of the current Democratic Party to try and understand and treat these murderers with respect? I for the life of me cannot figure it out. Let me lay this nugget on you. If a dog of any breed attacks anyone in that liberal stronghold of
The sixth “talking point” is that we are a complete failure in
Now that I had taken the Democrats to task over their much beloved Iraqi “talking points”, let’s address their latest example of how they hold no core beliefs and simply don’t even believe what they tell the American people. On Friday after many weeks and months of bitching and moaning about how there is no exit strategy, the Democrats were given a golden opportunity to show the world of exactly how they felt about the war and how soon we should leave Iraq. Contrary to the MSM reporting, the issue was not about Congressmen Murtha; it was about whether or not we would finish the job before us and give the Iraqi people the gift of freedom or cut and run as many in the Democratic Party think. Well when given the opportunity to express the opinion that many have been pushing on the MSM news programs and in Op-Ed pieces in leftist newspapers, they blinked. If they truly believed that we should leave