Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Banned 'Toons and a Great New Toon Campaign!!!!

With a great tip o' me well worn tam to Duncan at Parrot Check (just how does one cash one of those anyway?) who gave a hat tip to Rusty at My Pet Jawa, do I bring you today's musings.

It's funny really, that this happened across my desktop when it did, as at the time I was reading about banned cartoons. You know those old greats from when we were kids and cartoons were only on, for the most part, on saturday morning.

We would get out of bed (eventually) and scarf down some Frosted Flakes or Capt. Crunch, or any of a dozen other sugary treats just chock full of vitamins and minerals and drowning in **gasp** WHOLE MILK while sitting in front of the TV, (which most likely did NOT have a remote) and get a full days serving of sarcasm and innuendo and never once realize that we were actually getting a wonderful foundation for our adult years, (where we would need a lot of sarcasm and innuendo), while laughing madly at Bugs Bunny making a fool of Yosemite Sam or secrectly rooting for Wile E. Coyote to finally catch that annoying little bastard of a bird.

Remember this?

"Yipa yipa, andele arriba".
?

Yep. Speedy Gonzales.

This should bring back memories.

"How many lumps do ya want?"

"Oh three or four."

"BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM"

"Oh, sorry, one lump too many."


Or how about this one?

"Listen to me, I say, listen to me boy. Do ya think I'm just talking to hear my lips flap?"


and these classics;

"Goldarn Rabbit", Beepbeep", "Sufferin' succotash"


Yeah, good memories.

I was getting a bit old when the Smurfs hit the U.S. I hated the smurfs. My little sister loved the smurfs. I hated them, And that little bitch Strawberry Shortcake. And the whole Hello Kitty thing I never got either.

Give me the good old cartoons anyday of the week. Few cartoons have measured up in recent times. Ren and Stimpy, The Animaniacs, Beavis and Butthead (though I will admit they are a guy only thing for the most part), Southpark. I am probably forgetting a few, but the point is well made that few new cartoons even approach the old days.

However, a new cartoon may have come out that I completely have been ready to enjoy for many years. Unfortunately it is an ad campaign for UNicef.

UNicef, for those of you with your head under a rock, is the United Nations Childrens Fund. Being against the UN in general I am of course not enamored of UNicef, or any offshoot of that most corrupt organization.

However, is it really wise for UNicef to use funds that are supposed to go to saving children for a cartoon showing that war is bad? We all know war is bad, but also sometimes necessary. And as a fund raiser to boot?

Of course, most libs probably have a great memory of the Smurfs, and seeing them bombed into oblivion, (where they belong, BTW, I always rooted for Gargamel) will probably get them to send money to UNicef so it can be misappropiated, misspent or doled out to lawyers defending the UN's African Rape Corps.

But I say Good Riddance to the Smurfs. I am glad they got bombed. Papa Smurf, (a dirty old man that used Smurfette as a sex slave before the ACLU stepped in at NOW's urging and demanded that Papa Smurf take picture's of his debauchery to sell or share her with all the Smurfs, hey, fair is fair), is rumored to be in league with, and possibly related to OBL. Look at the facts. They both have a beard, they both wear a funny hat, they both have a huge nose, they both have followers that do as they say with a blind obedience and they both live where nobody but those followers can find them. In fact, they both live in a place that one needs their permission to enter.

So, good, bomb the Smurfs. Damned blue little bastards.

Good riddance to 'em.

While we're at it can we take out Dora the Explorer, Barney, Spongebob and all the other nitwits and please bring back some actual cartoony goodness?

That's all I want.

Bugs, Daffy, Marvin the Martian, Yosemite Sam, Wile E. Coyote, Foghorn Leghorn and the rest.

I miss those old days.

I say kill most of the current crop of crap 'toons and bring back the classics, but it has to look legal.

No comments: