Tuesday, May 10, 2005

America Loses Another Hero



Today is the 1 year anniversary of this blog’s creation and while I had not planned a special post I am hoping that this one fits that category. I had planned on writing about how I feel Nickelodeon has crossed the line with this “advertisement” or rather their rewriting of American history, I guess we expect this assault on our history since the parent company of Nickelodeon is Viacom. But I found something much more important to “speak” about.

On Saturday, 4 brave Marines were killed by the cowardly actions of terrorists that had taken control of a hospital in Hadithah, Iraq. Among the American heroes killed by the IED (Improvised Explosive Device) was Sgt. Michael Marzano a resident of Anthem, Arizona. Sgt. Marzano was the son of Margy Kolegraf Bons who volunteers for Packages From Home, a group that provides food, personal care and recreation items to out troops serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea and other places around the world. The MSM will gross over the incident as just another day in Iraq with American casualties.

The strength of the American is never more evident in the actions of Sgt. Marzano’s mother. She wrote a letter to her son and you can see it here on the Packages From Home website. I must be honest and let you all know that I wept when reading about this group of brave men fighting for us but even more so when I read about Margy Kolegraf Bons and her plans to continue to work with Packages From Home and that she has asked that donations in his name be made to carry on the work that he would have wanted.

I know that this is quite a short post from me given what my readers have come to expect but I can tell you that this story hits especially close to home given that my brother, Sgt. Jon D. Miller will be returning with the rest of the 101st Airborne to Iraq this fall. He and his wife recently had their 3rd child, a boy, and his continued safety as well as all of our brave men and women are in my prayers each and everyday. Many people that agree with the path that the President has lain before this nation feel helpless to assist in some form or show support. The unwavering support for our troops is the best way we can combat the daily assault from the liberal left and their various arms such as the MSM, the ACLU, and their allies overseas. If you have the means please find a way to help show our troops that their efforts are not in vain and sorely appreciated. This quote sums it up quite nicely, thanks to Duncan Avatar for it.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to
visit violence on those who would do us harm." -H.G. Wells

Thank you and God Bless these brave men and women as they fight for our country.

Cross-posted at The Wide Awakes



No comments: