Thursday, May 26, 2005

Flying This Weekend? Don't!!!!!

I have learned from a source at one of the nation's leading airlines that there is a very real possibility that workers at United will strike this weekend as a protest for the recent court decision allowing United to terminate the union's pension.

This source is being told by managers at her/his airline that they will be picking up the slack because United's baggage handlers and customer service agents are expected to walk out on Friday or Saturday resulting in many canceled flights.

While I trust the source, I have been unable to confirm anything with friends at both United and the source's airline. I would put the odds at 70-30 in favor of a strike even with this court ruling today on the legality of a possible strike. I guess we will have to wait and see but if I was flying I look into making backup plans. Later folks.

No comments: