Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Shitty Monday, AKA Mini-Work Rant

Monday was a brutal day at work and I apologize for not posting earlier in the day. I just did not have the energy for it. Have you ever have one of those days that just beats you down from every angle? It was one of those for sure and when I came home all I wanted to do was play with my kids and forget that I even had a job. It’s always tough for me to transition from my later shift which allows me to stay up very late to an earlier shift that requires me to go to bed five hours sooner then my body is used to.

If it was not the stupid end-users, then it was a couple of my retarded co-workers, or my clueless bosses. Yes much like the movie “Office Space”, I have multiple supervisors and bosses. Trust me when I say that each one is more inept the previous one. My workplace has descended in to a chaotic ballet of office politics with everyone trying to find a way off this sinking ship.

It’s really just a matter of time for us all. I hope I am wrong, I really do. We have lost some great people and have a few left. The fact is that I and other members of my team, except for a couple who will remain unnamed, kick ass. Our customer satisfaction ratings are the highest they have been in the last twelve months. The sad part is that the bosses get to take credit for it while contributing nothing to the effort.

Now I find out that I have some bullshit meeting about a task that I have not had time to complete due to the corporate machine requiring us to run with short-staffed. It really would not be that bad I guess if people were honest about why no replacements are being hired. First it was that the applicants would not show up, and then it was that “The Machine” had to approve the hiring of new cube-fodder, and lately it’s been that they are just not going to hire anyone new for the time being. It’s gotten so bad that one of my fellow cube-monkeys took over 60 incoming calls in an eight hour shift. That is freaking nuts and unfortunately going to be a regular occurrence.

Well, I am off to bed so I can get up early enough to post and hit the gym. Have a great night everyone.

No comments: