Thursday, December 30, 2004

Do You Want The Help Or Not? Or Another Example Of Runaway Stupidity

I have been uncharacteristically quiet on the Tsunami disaster simply because I felt it was being covered ad nausea by the BS and I had been at a loss for words other then my prayers for all of the victims. Then I read this article today and almost lost it.

First of Clare (Fat Chick's Name), who the f*ck are you to criticize any one's efforts to help those suffering people? Why on Earth would you turn away help when it's needed most? Are you working with the "enlightened" government of Sri Lanka and following their lead in turning away help?

Let me share some the stupidity of Clare (Still a Fat Chick's Name). Read on.........

“Only really the UN can do that job,” she told BBC Radio Four’s PM program.
“It is the only body that has the moral authority. But it can only do it well if it is backed up by the authority of the great powers.”

So the UN is the only moral authority now? Well that’s it folks, pull the plug, turn off the lights, put a fork in us cause we done. According to the High Priestess of Morality Clare Short the UN is the only body that has the moral authority to help anyone. Hurry and call all of the thousands of aid agencies and people who are helping on their own and tell them to sit tight and wait for the moral authority of the UN to ride to the rescue.

Yes, I am mocking Ms. Short badly but is it not scary that in a time of such great needs that some people think like this woman and politicize the suffering of millions. I have no words to describe the sorrow in my soul for the people affected by this tragedy, I can only pray for them. Please visit the South-East Asia Earthquake and Tsunami blog; they have links to many aid groups that could use your help. May God Bless and watch over all the victims and survivors.
Later...........

No comments: