Congratulations on you victory. I watched both
Your core supporters of which I am, want, no need you to return to the fiscally responsible, smaller government roots that embody the conservative movement in our party. To that end I have a number of issues that I hope you will address in the coming four years. These are listed in order of importance
2) National Security/Immigration. I believe that national security and the lack of immigration enforcement are tied together. Please consider moving some of the forces that are returning from Europe and
3) Taxes. Please take a good look at the tax code, bring in tax experts, and think outside the box. Make it easier for small businesses to start up and stay in business. Eliminate or reduce penalty taxes to encourage investment by all Americans, not just the wealthy. I personally would like to see something like a flat tax rate or a national sales tax. Either is a fair way to levy income taxes.
4) OBL. Please proceed with caution in regards to OBL. Hear me out on this one. If reports from various news sources and your own Defense department are to be believed, then OBL is sitting in a cozy cave in southwest
5) Federal Spending. Forgive the bluntness, but Mr. President you have been spending our money like a drunken sailor on shore leave. I understand we have just come out of a recession, been attacked and are fighting 2 wars, but come on man. Now that your tax cuts have taken hold and the economy is improving, the government’s tax revenues should be increasing. Don’t spend that increase on wasteful pork that Congress forces upon you. Please take a hard look at what is actually needed to defend this country and spend only that amount, and don’t forget about the needed social programs and education. I am all for helping people out but let’s not go crazy, remember the less government is involved in our lives the better off we are.
6) Social Security. Something needs to be done to Social Security just to keep our commitment to seniors for the next 20 years. Most people in my generation have already written Social Security off and are planning for retirement on our own. This is perhaps among the toughest decision you will have to make, but please do not pass the buck, make the tough choice and save Social Security. I am not sure what exactly can be done, maybe raising the retirement age or reducing benefits for the first few years of retirement. You as the most powerful man in the world can certainly find some people with ideas about fixing this.
Of course these are a wish list of what I would like to see happen, but I am realistic and know that we first and foremost have to attend to our national security; everything else you can accomplish is gravy. I wish you the best for the next four years and pray for you and our country every day. Thank you.
The Mad Tech