Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The Soliders need our Help

On my day of rest from politics, my thoughts turned to all of the
brave men and women that serve this country. I have a brother in the
101st Airborne who has already done one tour in Iraq (14 months) and
may go back in the spring.

My thoughts and prayers are with each and every one of you out
there that has a family member, friend, neighbor, or co-worker in the
military. It is a hard choice for many to serve this country, while
for others it comes easily. I can honestly say that I have the
greatest respect and admiration for all who serve this great nation,
or have served in the past. One of the great regrets of my young life
is that I did not serve my country in the armed forces.

I will be the first to admit that I am a news junkie. When my
brother was stationed in Iraq, I stopped watching the news and
actively surfing the internet for Iraq news. I continued to fly my
flag everyday, and say my prayers every night. If it was that hard
for me, a brother, can you imagine how hard it is for a mother,
father, or a spouse?

I have found two websites that are doing great work in regards to
providing additional support to our deployed troops in Iraq and
Afghanistan. I encourage all to help any way you can, after all, we
are all Americans. God Bless America

http://www.operationac.com/

http://www.spiritofamerica.net/site


No comments: